When I was planning my wedding the hardest part was prioritizing. I couldn’t organize everything I needed to do in my headed, and random notes were put in various journals to help me remember. It never worked. My planning process was the epitome of unorganized.
I was reading through an old notebook of mine from seminars I had attended in the past one night when I came across one called “How to Get Organized”. It’s no wonder why I took this seminar. However, did I actually retain anything from it? YES! In my notes was the most beautiful to-do list I have ever seen!
Ok, so I realize it seems basic, but breaking down the standard running list of “to-dos” was extremely beneficial to me. I still continue to plan my day this way.
Here’s how it works:
- Every morning, at the very beginning of your day, print out this template or make one of your own.
- In the first box under “Top Priority” write down everything you need to do immediately (I use noon as my deadline).
- In the second box under “Important” write down everything you need to have finished by the end of the day
- In the third box under “Should Do” write down all the things you need completed by the end of the week
- In the fourth box under “Getting Around To” jot everything down that is more long term…monthly, yearly goals.
This list should grow and change through out the day depending on external forces of which you can not control. Not only did this list make my wedding planning process MUCH more productive but it has contributed to the every day productivity of my job and home life. Give it a try! I think you’re going to LOVE it!